All of the most luxurious resorts, hotels and restaurants around the world have one thing in common: Exceptional staff. The person first greeting you at the front desk or your server at a fine restaurant are the foundation of a memorable experience. With the Hospitality Operations or Hospitality Management diplomas from Evergreen College, students can get the training they need to make memories for guests.
The day to day operations of the lodging and food and beverage industries form the basis of both diplomas. Some of the topics students cover in both courses include safe food handling practices, how to complete an evening turn-down service, maintenance scheduling as well as efficient and friendly guest care. The course covers all levels of service, from simple motels or restaurants right up to resorts or silver service fine dining.
Learning to effectively listen to and communicate with both guests and other staff is an essential ingredient in the Evergreen College hospitality courses. Many of Evergreen’s students know a second-language, which gives them an edge in this global industry.
Students also learn the legal side of operations so they are prepared as soon as they enter the workforce. Both hospitality diplomas teach sexual harassment laws and health and safety in the workplace, with the Hospitality Management diploma also covering security and loss prevention.
The “behind the scenes” skills are also essential for keeping a top establishment running smoothly. That’s why the programs also teach computer skills, hotel or restaurant accounting and hospitality sales and marketing.
- Genuine 98-361 Exam – 98-361 PDF Questions  With Free Demo Download: Home: My Portfolio
- New 300-535 Exam – 300-535 PDF Questions  For Better Exam Prep: Donny Gillins: My Portfolio
- Authentic CTAL-TA_Syll2012_UK Exam – CTAL-TA_Syll2012_UK PDF Questions  With Quality Customer Service: Treena: My Portfolio
- New C_MDG_1909 Exam – C_MDG_1909 PDF Questions  With Free Demo Download: Home: My Portfolio
- Genuine 300-730 Exam – 300-730 PDF Questions  For Better Exam Prep: Home: My Portfolio
- Approved 1Z0-067 Exam – 1Z0-067 PDF Questions  Perfect Choice Before Exam: Home: My Portfolio
- Genuine B2B-Commerce-Administrator Exam – B2B-Commerce-Administrator PDF Questions  With Free Demo Download: Zaida Guntrum: My Portfolio
- Genuine CSCP Exam – CSCP PDF Questions  Perfect Choice Before Exam: Merrilee Calender: My Portfolio
- New C_S4FTR_1909 Exam – C_S4FTR_1909 PDF Questions  With Free Demo Download: Home: My Portfolio
- Free 2V0-01.19 Exam – 2V0-01.19 PDF Questions  With Quality Customer Service: Veola Montoro: My Portfolio
As well as day to day operations that they learn as part of the one-year Hospitality Operations diploma, students may choose to take on the two-year Hospitality Management diploma. Management students also learn how about human resources, designing facilities and developing hotels internationally.
Evergreen College has the highest standards for its students and it shows through its American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute accreditation. The accreditation opens up sought-after opportunities in the United States and around the globe.
Learning at Evergreen is both academic and hands-on. Experienced instructors provide the theory and then work with their class on practical, team-focussed exercises. An example is the mock silver service scenario, students practice their silver service skills on instructors from the College. They learn to develop their verbal skills and conquer their nerves.
The practice continues outside of class. The dedicated coordinators at Evergreen College pair students with top establishments and give them the opportunity to experience real-world learning. Some previous placements have included the luxurious Inn on the Twenty in Niagara, Ontario or the Executive Cosmopolitan Hotel in downtown Toronto.
Many of Evergreen’s students are employed straight out of their diploma and jump right into a dynamic job in food service, housekeeping, front office or management. A hospitality career can take employees to an extravagant hotel on the top of a mountain or a busy bar in the hippest city. Hospitality graduates help guests make memories but they also make wonderful memories of their own.