Looking back, it’s easy to identify why education was important for me, and it’s easy to explain why it’s important for you. The key question to answer is: can you see why it’s important? Sometimes that’s difficult, especially when you’re facing it or going through it. Years of education can seem like a lifetime of effort. Often school can be tedious, and there are many more entertaining things to do than sit in a classroom. Nevertheless, instead of viewing your school work as a lifetime of effort, think of it as an investment of a lifetime – an investment in you and your lifetime.
Take it from someone who made a good decision to work hard and obtain a high school diploma, then a Bachelor of Science degree from the local university, education is a key to success. More specifically, an education provides opportunities for upward and lateral mobility.
Of course there were distractions to deal with at school, like entering the workforce and earning money, chasing the opposite gender, and hanging out with friends, but thankfully I kept my sights set on graduating, and never veered off course. And, I’ve never regretted my resolve or the effort it took to achieve my educational goals.
- Top Demanded 62-193 Exam PDF – For Excellent Results
- Top Quality C_EPMBPC_11 Exam PDF – Pass Exam Effortlessly
- Top Quality CLAD Exam PDF – Cover All Exam Syllabus
- Top Rated CPQ-211 Exam PDF – For Excellent Results
- Top Rated 312-76 Exam PDF – Pass Exam with Ease
- Top Quality 701-100 Exam PDF – Cover All Exam Syllabus
- Top Rated 7392X Exam PDF – Pass Exam Effortlessly
- Top Quality CEH-001 Exam PDF – Forget the Failure
- Top Quality 5V0-31.20 Exam PDF – Cover All Exam Syllabus
- Top Quality CIS-ITSM Exam PDF – Pass Exam Easily
- Top Demanded 1Y0-440 Exam PDF – For Excellent Results
- Top Quality 1Z0-888 Exam PDF – Pass Exam with Ease
- Top Quality C2090-616 Exam PDF – A Perfect Source to Pass Exam
- Top Quality 1D0-61B Exam PDF – Pass Exam with Ease
- Top Rated 77-884 Exam PDF – A Perfect Way to Ace Exam
Here are six good reasons why you should make the most of the time you spend in school. This isn’t an exhaustive list by any means, but it’s a good start, and should be more than sufficient to convince you to rededicate yourself to a good education as a wise investment in you – an investment that can’t be taken away and goes with you throughout your life.
1. Whether it’s high school or college level classes, your interest and performance will help point you in a general direction of a career path. Your aptitude is uncovered by more than just a few tests. Often it’s shown in your skill and level of participation in various classes. If I followed the interests that my aptitude tests indicated back when I was in high school, I’d be a forest ranger right now, looking forward to another 12 years of work before I retired. Instead, I early retired five years ago after running my own consulting business for just seven years.
2. Education helps you become a more well-rounded individual by exposing you to different ideas and learning how to apply them at least in a limited way. For the most part, education helps you be a generalist in many areas, and a specialist if you study in a particular area of interest. Without a broad education, you might have a very limited life where for most things brought to your attention, your response could very well be, “I don’t know anything about that.” Opportunities in life will come your way much more readily if you at least have sufficient interest in an issue, concept, technology, activity or event to know something about it.